July 18, 2011

Black Sheep Gathering - Eugene Oregon June 23-25th

I have had endless inquiries from spinners who are looking for naturally coloured BFL fleeces.  Last spring, I had no coloured lambs at all and so have not been able to respond to these requests.  I will be using semen from a coloured ram that we have imported from the UK this fall, but thought that it would be a good idea to have a coloured ram as a back up. 


These are two of the four ram lambs that Mike and I brought home with us from Oregon.  These boys are from Jared Lloyd's flock in Colorado.  They are sons of a ram he bought from Kelly Ward last year that goes back to Beeston Blackmoor / Gigrin Rhayder daughter on the sire side and come from three of his stongest female lines on the dam side.  I also brought home one of Robina's coloured ram lambs - he is also out of Kelly's Moorson ram and is out of a Silvie daughter. Silvie has an incredible production record with at least two sets of triplets and two sets of quadruplets to her credit! 

We are going to watch these boys mature over the summer and will select two to keep and two to sell in the fall!  If you are interested in coloured ram lamb, let me know - I don't think they will last very long at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment