August 6, 2010

Peidgrees and Prices

Dear Friends,

I am scrambling to catch up to all of my sheep related chores.  I will be posting more photos of the animals that I have for sale as soon as I can get better pictures.  Weaned ram lambs earlier this week and am astonished by how large they look now that they are on their own.  I have an updated price list (just email me if you would like to look at it) and also an information package if you are not familiar with BFL's and how they can contribute to commercial flocks as meat animals as well as producing fantastic fibre. 

And speaking of fibre, I took three BFL fleeces to the Oregan Black Sheep Gathering - Judge Judith McKenzie and placed 1st, 2nd and 6th in a class of 12 BFL fleeces from 7 or 8 breeders.  I was pretty proud of my little flock!

Will try and post a photo of the shawl that I entered in the Spinner's Lead competition - all handspun BFL.  It is one of the few projects that I have actually completed (thank goodness that you can always spin some more when you are spinning your own wool!).

Now back to catching up in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment